The N4CSGA is a student based and student run organization. It is made up of three parts, the General Delegation, the Executive Board, and the Advisory Council.
The General Delegation is comprised of delegates “students” from each of the 58 community colleges currently registered with the N4CSGA.
It is meant to be a networking and brainstorming group. The full General Delegation convenes twice a year, once in the fall at Fall Conference and once in the spring at Spring Conference.
The Executive Board is the governing body of the N4CSGA. It is made up of nine (9) elected officers and three (3) divisional representatives.
Those nine (9) elected officers are as follows:
- Vice President
- Public Information Officer
- Local Interactions Committee Chair
- Special Populations Committee Chair
- Intramural/Extramural Chair
The three (3) divisional representatives are:
- Eastern Division Representative
- Central Division Representative
- Western Division Representative
The Executive Board meets monthly to conduct business of the N4CSGA. Duties and responsibilities for each officer are stated in the Constitution and Operational Guidelines.
The Advisory Council is a group of advisors from different regions and community colleges in North Carolina. This group consists of three (3) professional staff members, chosen through the Advisory Committee, and a representative from the North Carolina Community College System titled the Trustee.
The main role of the Advisory Council is to advise the leadership, the Executive Board, of the organization in all decision-making processes. The Senior Advisor is responsible for overseeing and guiding the Local Interactions Committee through the issue/project process.
* Commonorgbond is a compound word unique to the N4CSGA that illustrates the bond between the Executive Board and the delegates of the N4CSGA used to find solutions to common problems, to promote fellowship, and to exchange ideas.